Wednesday 19 October 2011

Digipak

Recently I have started thinking about how the music video I am producing will be distributed to its specific target audience. For the distribution of my music video, I will be using a digipak for the packaging of the music video's release to home entertainment formats, most likely a VCD or a DVD. This would allow consumers of the digipak to receive additional information about the music video, because a digipak has a gatefold which opens up to reveal (usually) 4 or 6 sides to the case. The image below shows an example of a digipak:


This would be useful if I wanted the MV to be available in more than one format (CD, VCD, DVD, BD etc), give information about the content such as the track listings, and I may even include a write-up on the making of the project, given it is unique to other similar works for its animation style. This could include images from the final production as seen on the VCD/DVD, which would be included on the front and back covers, and also photography from the making of the music video on the inside cover/s.

No comments:

Post a Comment